It's a recipe from Honestly Healthy, a recipe book by Natasha Corrett and Vicky Edgson. You can serve the aubergine slices with some salad or with a bit of rice if you want to make a main course out of it. I love aubergines and I love this recipe!
Ingredients (serves 2 people, in my opinion, not 4 as indicated in the recipe):
For the aubergines
-2 aubergines cut in chunky slices (you can cut a big aubergine in 3 slices)
-olive oil, for brushing
-2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted (or hazelnuts, slightly crushed and toasted, as on the picture)
-large handful of basil leaves or mint leaves (as on the picture above)
For the dressing
-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-3 tbsp lemon juice
-4 tbsp hot water
-1 garlic clove, crushed
-1 tsp sumac or za'atar
1. Prepare the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. The sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
2. Cut the aubergine in 3 chunky slices. Lightly brush both sides of the aubergine slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
3. Roast for 15-20 min (keep an eye on them!) in a preheated oven (22O°C).
4. Roast the slightly crushed hazelnuts (or pine nuts) for a few minutes.
5. To serve, arrange the roasted aubergine slices on a plate. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the hazelnuts or pine nuts and basil leaves (or mint leaves).