We created this recipe last weekend. You can see photos of the making of the röstis on Field to Fork Facebook page here.
We had the röstis with a fried egg each and some boiled cavolo nero.
Make sure that the röstis are properly cooked!
Ingredients (for 4 big röstis):
-half a giant parsnip (or two big ones)
-4 medium potatoes
-2 beaten eggs
-salt and pepper
-a grater (we used an Ikea grater that we have had for ages)
-2 egg rings
-2 bowls (on big, one small)
-a frying pan
-a glass dish or an oven dish
1. Peel the parsnip and potatoes. Grate them in a bowl.
2. Meanwhile beat two eggs.
3. Add the eggs to the grated parsnip and grated potatoes. Add some salt and pepper. Be generous with the pepper.
4. Use the egg rings to shape the röstis. As you're doing this press the röstis with your hands to eliminate as much water as possible.
5. Put a bit of vegetable oil in a pan. Gently fry each side of the röstis. At this point there are still in the egg rings.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 150-180 degrees. Remove the röstis from the egg rings. Transfer into a dish and keep in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked.