This is a dish inspired by a dish served recently by a friend. I made it for the first time on Saturday. It was a hit!
Ingredients (serve 2 people):
-3 small courgettes
-4 small carrots
-half a tin of coconut milk
-1 tbsp and a half raisins (or less, depending on taste)
-1 garlic clove
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
1. Crush the garlic clove.
2. Wash the courgettes and carrots. Peel them. Using a peeler, make courgette ribbons (you can keep the cores for a salad or a soup). Make carrot sticks.
3. Throw the garlic and carrots in a pan. Add one tbspoon olive oil. Cook on a low/medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently to make sure that the garlic doesn't burn.
4. Add the courgette ribbons. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add half the content of a coconut milk tin. Add the raisins. Add half a teaspoon cumin.
5. Cook on a low to medium heat until the cream has reduced and the carrots look cooked. It probably takes 10-15 minutes, I'd say.
6. Meanwhile, prepare some quinoa. First, rinse it! Then cover it with double amount of water. Cook it with half a stock cube on a medium heat for a few minutes. Then reduce the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. When it's cooked, put a lead on the pan and leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Fluff it with a fork.
7. Serve some quinoa on a plate. Add the carrot and courgette mix on top. Add a few coriander leaves on top.